Soccer team makes playoffs

Freshman Jessica Flores fights for the ball against a defender from Southwest Adventist University.
Odessa leeper/The Et cetera
By Kevin Cushingberry Jr., Editor In Chief

The Lady Harvesters soccer team have clinched a spot in the Metro Athletic Conference postseason tournament.
Eastfield’s first-round game will be Thursday at 5:30 p.m. at Richland College. Richland is currently ranked sixth in the national poll.
The Lady Harvesters, who will be the fourth seed in the tournament, won two of their last four games in order to qualify for the playoffs. On Oct. 2, Eastfield defeated Southwest Adventist University 3-0. On Oct. 4, the Lady Harvesters defeated Mountain View 3-0.
Their two final wins improved the Lady Harvesters’ record to 3-11. Their first win came 6-2 against Southwest Adventist University on Sept. 18.
Coach Dustin Stein said the Lady Harvesters making the postseason tournament was a result of the hard work they have put in this year.
“This team has come a long way in a very short amount of time,” Stein said. “Each week the girls improve, and you can see their confidence growing. We are excited to be the underdogs entering the tournament and would love to end Richland’s season on Thursday night.”

Odessa leeper/The Et cetera
From left, Kristy Herrera,
Jessica Gallardo and Jacqueline Diaz pursue the ball in a game against Southwest Adventist University.

Kevin cushingberry/The Et cetera
Aracely Murillo chases after the ball in the Harvesters’ first home game of the season against Paris Junior College.

Kevin cushingberry/The Et cetera
Chasity Turner makes a move as a PJC defender hesitates.