Harvesters lose World Series bid to defending champs

Eastfield shortstop Casey Maack chases Tyler Junior College’s Zane Otten after Otten overslid second base and was forced to run for third in the teams first National Junior College Athletic Association District C Tournament matchup May 17. Maack caught up and tagged Otten out.
Photo by James Hartley/The Et Cetera
Eastfield shortstop Casey Maack chases Tyler Junior College’s Zane Otten after Otten overslid second base and was forced to run for third in the team’s first National Junior College Athletic Association District C Tournament matchup May 17. Maack caught up and tagged Otten out. Photo by James Hartley/The Et Cetera

Eastfield shortstop Casey Maack chases Tyler Junior College’s Zane Otten after Otten overslid second base and was forced to run for third in the team’s first National Junior College Athletic Association District C Tournament matchup May 17. Maack caught up and tagged Otten out.
Photo by James Hartley/The Et Cetera

The Eastfield Harvesters ended their season May 18 with a 12-6 loss to Tyler Junior College in the National Junior College Athletic Association District C Tournament championship game.
The No. 3 Apaches, defending national champions, advanced to the NJCAA Division III World Series in Kinston, North Carolina.
No. 5 Eastfield, national champions in 2011, closed the season 36-12.
“I happen to think these are the top two teams in the country,” Eastfield coach Michael Martin said. “It’s like this every year. These are two great teams. I’m proud of my guys because they’ve had an amazing season. A lot of teams would love to have a season like this.”
Stayed tuned for more reports from the tournament.