Students express mixed views on campus carry

What are your feelings about campus carry?

“It can be a good thing to carry a concealed gun. The only thing is it’s hard to determine which students will use it for protection and be sensible about it and not fly off the handle and start shooting everyone.”
Elizabeth Matus, Nursing Major
“I’m definitely not a fan of this law. I don’t care if it’s concealed. I feel like if you are not an officer, then you don’t need to have a gun on you.”
Alontra Evans, Marketing Major
“It makes everyone safer. If someone else is going to be trying to shoot you, you need to have a way to protect yourself. And if someone is around you, you don’t want them shot either. ”
Cullen Orrick, Computer Science Major
“It’s kind of scary. I don’t think it’s a good idea, everybody carrying their own gun. People can get upset very quick. If the gun was not there, there would be a better solution.
Vlynn Troung, Science Major
“I understand the idea of having to protect yourself. I feel like in the wake of campus shootings going on, you kind of want people to protect themselves, but there’s different ways you can go about protecting yourself without killing someone.”
Jordan Coleman, Communications Major
“I think it’s really scary. I don’t think everyone should be holding a gun. I don’t think everyone is capable of holding a gun. I think it would intimidate a lot of people. Even if they had a license to carry it, I wouldn’t like it.”
Sarah Bates, Social Work Major