Et Cetera wins six national honors

Et Cetera wins six national honors

The Et Cetera won six awards at the annual National College Media Convention sponsored by the Associated Collegiate Press and the College Media Association.
Photo Editor Jonathan Wences won best Editorial Cartoon at CMA’s Pinnacle Awards. Additionally, the Et Cetera took second place for Two-Year Less-Than-Weekly Newspaper of the Year.
At the ACP awards, the Et Cetera was named Pacemaker finalist for work in the 2014-15 academic year. Wences and cartoonist Matthew Rohan received honorable mention for Best Illustration. Wences also received honorable mention for Best Editorial Cartoon.
Additionally, the Et Cetera placed fifth in the Best of Show contest with the Oct. 21 issue featuring the cover story “Is there a war on police?”
Staff members also participated in the Texas Community College Journalism Association’s “6 to 6 on Sixth” competition — a 12-hour multimedia contest on Sixth Street.
The Et Cetera received first place for best multimedia package, best story, best photo story, best headline and best multimedia element (video) and honorable mention for best dominant photo.
The team members were Andrea Carrizales, Brianna Harmon, James Hartley, Keturah Jones, Raul Ulloa, Matthew Rohan, Alejandra Rosas and Parker Ward.
See the winning multimedia package From Dirty Sixth to Holy Grounds.