News Briefs

Eastfield recognizes “It’s on Us” campaign

As part of the national “It’s On Us” campaign for domestic violence awareness, Eastfield College will host the Sexual Assault and Family Violence Awareness event from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Oct. 23 in the Pit, sponsored by the campus police in conjunction with the Office of Student Life. Local domestic violence organizations will be available to provide information and answer questions.

Artists LeClery, Ott to share lecture

The Eastfield Department of Visual Arts will host a joint lecture from visiting artists Diego LeClery and Sabina Ott from 12:30 to 1:30 p.m. Oct. 23 in G-102. LeClery has exhibited in multiple galleries around the country, including Chicago’s The Suburban, and is a founding member of Julius Caesar, an artist-run space in Chicago’s East Garfield Park. Ott works in a variety of mediums — including painting, installation and sculpture — and is the founder of exhibition space Terrain, which utilizes the exterior of her own home.

Advisers take to halls to meet students

Eastfield Advising Week will begin Nov. 3, offering students opportunities to meet with advisors at tables across campus and complete educational activities. Participants can find information on transfers, majors, registration and other vital aspects of college enrollment through Nov. 7. The event will kick off with a celebration in the Pit, featuring food, music and a few spins of the Advising Wheel.

Parking lot closes for construction

Due to ongoing construction, the W-5 parking lot and Performance Hall ramp will be inaccessible through Dec. 31. Designated overflow parking areas are located next to the soccer fields and along Motley Drive, near the entrance to C Building. This will mark the third and final phase of the 2014 Eastfield College Parking Lot Project.
— Compiled by Caitlin Piper and Clay Gibson